Are you interested in business and financial markets? Ever heard of Bloomberg?
Come to the Moriarty Investment Center (Taylor 212) to learn how to use our very own Bloomberg Terminals. No matter your class year, this is a great skill to have in preparation for a career in finance.
Experience with Bloomberg will help you:
- Get a job or internship in finance
- Learn about the companies you interact with and hear about everyday
- Understand the stock market
- Learn about important financial ratios and economic indicators
- Conduct individual security research
- Stay up to date with important worldwide economic events
- Understand the difference between securities (stocks, bonds, derivatives)
What’s the best part?
You are not alone. We understand that these concepts can be quite confusing to learn about on your own; so we have Finance Lab Specialists working in the lab weekly to guide you through the certification process and answer any questions that you may have.
Bloomberg is the most widely used news and research software in the financial world.
Open hours the week of August 28 are Monday and Wednesday 10-11:30am.
In addition, we are looking to hire more student finance lab specialists to the staff. Requirements include, Bloomburg certifications and ability to work 2-5 hours a week in the lab. If you are interested e-mail your Bloomberg certificate, resume and cover letter (explaining why you want the job, your qualifications and how many hours a week you can work) to Finance Lab Student Leader, Shelby Howell by August 27. We hope to hire by September 1. This is a paid student employee position.