Are you interested in studying and solving problems related to Sustainability, Health, Security or the Joy of Living? Then you are interested in the National Academy of Engineering Grand Challenges! Bucknell has a Grand Challenge Scholars Program that lets you focus your curricular and co-curricular experiences around a grand challenge. Come to an info session Wednesday, 2/28 at 12 pm in Garder Lecture Hall in Dana Engineering (Dana 113). Food will be provided.
1. Research/creative: Mentored research or project experience related to a Grand Challenge to enhance technical competence and creativity.
2. Multidisciplinary: Understanding gained through experience of the multidisciplinary character of implementable and viable Grand Challenge solutions
3. Business/entrepreneurship: Understanding gained through experience that viable business models are necessary for successful implementation of Grand Challenge solutions
4. Multicultural: Understanding gained through experience that serious consideration of cultural issues is mandatory for all viable Grand Challenge solutions
5. Social consciousness: Deepen social consciousness and motivation to address societal problems, often gained through service learning, because serving people is the vision served by the Grand Challenges