ACFM Community Forum Leader
ACFM is seeking an ACFM junior or senior to set up and maintain a Moodle site for sharing information among accounting and finance majors. This is a paid position for both fall and spring semesters. Anticipated topics for discussion/postings include advice on preparing for interviews, finding finance internships, ways to get 150 hours (specific experiences with CLEP, online courses etc.), and club announcements. Hours are flexible, but the best estimate of the time required is four to five hours a week, especially in the early stages of the project.
- Gathering faculty and student ideas and feedback for topics/forums
- Researching Moodle capabilities and deciding how to best use it for the identified tasks
- Setting up topics and posting materials
- Registering students on the site to allow access
- Monitoring student postings
Qualified candidate will possess:
- excellent written communication skills
- the ability and desire to interact with classmates and faculty
- good time management skills
Interested applicants should provide a resume and a cover letter stating why they are interested and sharing two ideas for the Moodle site other than those listed above. Final candidates will have the opportunity to make a presentation to faculty and staff.
Please email your resume and cover letter to Rachel Fisher (firstname.lastname@example.org : don’t forget the first “r”!) by midnight Sunday, Sept. 9.